Team Pader in Alaska

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Not singing the blues....
The weather has been a lot like Seattle...a little on the unpredictable side. One minute it will be windy and rainy, the next the sun will be peaking out of the clouds. So, we have been staying busy with a bunch of different things. Nick and Damon are both learning how to play the guitar. There was only one small mishap when Damon broke one of the tuning knobs on his guitar. Not to be waylaid from becoming a rockstar, a guitar was quickly borrowed and the sweet music resumed.

I have been trying to learn how to knit, but the book I bought is beyond comprehension. Learning how to knit by looking at pictures is not an easy feat. I am starting a quilt, however, which I am very excited about. It is really fun because Heidi is also working on a quilt, and is helping me with mine. I am putting together a bunch of squares that my grandma embroidered, so hopefully this will be a masterpiece in honor of her!


Nick's other exciting hobby is growing out his beard. No really. You read it right. Did I ask him to pose while I took this picture. Unfortunately, no. He is actually combing his beard. The other day when he was combing it, a couple of lemmings fell out.

And yes, Betty Crocker, Martha Stewart--they really have nothing on me. I mean, who knew I could make jam. The next step: writing my own cookbook. All right, that is just not going to happen (namely because Nick will beat me to it), but we are having fun trying new things.

1 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you two are having great fun! Janna, you might want to check out some of the video knitting lessons - this one looks pretty good to me, although I've never seen that method for casting on stitches:

http://www.fiberartshop.com/knclbg.htm

Those quilt pieces look lovely.. that will be quite the heirloom when you're done!

Nick will have to learn to audio blog next so we can hear the beautiful music.

We caught some nice trout up near Baker Lake last week. Two didn't survive the experience so Wally cooked those on the campfire - he says they were good - I tasted one and I say it was ok....for fish. I'll send some camp pics in an email once I get the ones Wally took.

Angel says she looks forward to your posts as much as I do. We love hearing and seeing what you are doing.

Love you both,

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home